Welcome

Welcome to my photoblog. I try to keep it updated daily with a new photo from either my personal or professional life. It is not intended to be taken as my professional portfolio (please visit the main website for that), but instead it is more of an informal and fun way for me to share some of my personality and creativity with you. Many of the photos on my blog are available for purchase as fine art prints, please visit the main website and/or contact me if you are interested. Enjoy!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pileated Woodpecker in HD - Video

  
I ran into this pileated woodpecker again yesterday, so I thought I would take a few videos of him pecking away at some trees. Unfortunately, I did not have my tripod with me at the time, so the video is a little shaky. It didn't help that it was -1ÂșC out and I was trying to hand hold a 5D mkII with battery grip and a 70-200 f2.8 IS with 2X TC attached as steady as possible! I also did not have my external mic with me, so the audio is not the greatest, but that's not a big deal anyway since I was in an area between a busy parkway and a school with kids playing outside for recess!
I still think it's a pretty decent video of this woodpecker at work. Make sure to watch it in HD for the best quality.



Exif Data
Camera: Canon 5D mkII
Aperture: f/7.1
Exposure: 1/30
Focal Length: mostly 400mm
ISO: 640

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Please feel free to critique the work, tell me what you like or dont like about it. How does it make you feel? Does it draw you into the shot, or does it not interest you at all? Be as descriptive as possible, or just leave a little note, it's up to you!