Welcome

Welcome to my photoblog. I try to keep it updated daily with a new photo from either my personal or professional life. It is not intended to be taken as my professional portfolio (please visit the main website for that), but instead it is more of an informal and fun way for me to share some of my personality and creativity with you. Many of the photos on my blog are available for purchase as fine art prints, please visit the main website and/or contact me if you are interested. Enjoy!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Unboxing - Lexar 8GB Jumpdrive TwistTurn

  
I won last week's Tip Tuesday on Lexar's Facebook fan page, and as a neat little prize Lexar sent me this nice little 8GB jumpdrive. I figured I would do a quick little unboxing for this handy little drive.


The packaging is simple and to the point. There is nothing but the drive inside, which is fine since it's not like instructions or drivers are required for this type of device. There is not much plastic in the packaging either which is good on an environmental factor. The rest is all recyclable cardboard. It does not come with any type of chain or cord to attach onto the main loop on top, which is not a big deal for me since I never use them, but others may find that a bit of an annoyance.


Out of the packaging the drive is a decently small size. Not as tiny as some, but not huge either. Fully closed it is only 6.5cm in length. The rotating top serves as the cap protection for the dongle, and it clicks closed so that it does not just randomly open when not being used. It is made with mostly plastic, but it does feel like it could take a beating and still keep working.


This is what it looks like plugged into my laptop. There is a nice little red LED that blinks during activity. I am also glad to see that they went with a very standard size width making my second usb port also still available right beside it. I have had problems in the past with bulky USB drives that block the adjacent port!

All in all it's a decent little drive. 8GB is plenty for my daily use. Writing speed could have been better, I calculated an average of around 6-7Mb/s, while reading speed is very nice and steady 22Mb/s.

Many thanks Lexar for this fun and useful tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
Please feel free to critique the work, tell me what you like or dont like about it. How does it make you feel? Does it draw you into the shot, or does it not interest you at all? Be as descriptive as possible, or just leave a little note, it's up to you!